Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Life

Life is a beautiful thing. It can slip through your fingers so quickly, but once it's there in front of you it's a wonderful experience that is waiting for all of us to enjoy. My grandmother died on Friday. The pain of her passing is indescribable. I thought I would never stop crying. In the moment you don't want to think, you don't want to experience the heart ache that it can cause you. At her Wake, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't have tears left to cry, I didn't have the courage  to talk about how she lived. My cousins helped me. They showed me that I could laugh. At first I didn't want to laugh. I felt as if it was disrespectful, but as I laughed I realized that this is what she would have wanted. She always wanted us to be happy, she always made us laugh, as I sat with my family I realized that by laughing and being happy about the time we spent together before her passing we were honoring her in the way she wanted. Although during the funeral we cried, I'll always remember he as the amazing woman who only wanted us to be happy. For that I say thank you.

Thank You Nana.
R.I.P.

No comments: